Saturday, January 15, 2011

~NO PAIN, NO GAIN (A LITTLE INSANE)~

I still bounce!

Things started off as usual on Thursday. The 40 minute ride to the top of Sundance deep in conversation with some of my best friends never seems as long or as cold with ultra stimulating topics to discuss. After deciding to take a "warm up" run down a "groomer" we took off for the sunny side of the hill to get our legs working. 40 minutes up and 5 minutes down unless...You guessed it, I caught an edge. This is why I often do NOT ski the groomed runs, I like to go too fast for my own good! My brain remains at the top looking down while my skies have taken my body downward so fast that it never has a chance to catch up until the body stops in a controlled manner or quite suddenly in a rather painful manner. After my brain re-engages I find myself thinking that I am a middle aged moron and I hope I haven't broken my hip! In the meantime SKI PATROL is on the way...I had fallen right underneath the lift and left a trail of equipment as I tumbled...commonly referred to as a "garage sale". Nothing inconspicuous about ME!

After shaking off my embarrassment and picking up my pride, I convinced the Men in Red that I really was okay (the problem is...They have seen me do this before... It's getting harder to convince them). Perhaps I should pause for a few minutes at the top and make sure that my middle aged brain is along for the ride before heading down from now on.

I'd be skiing by myself :)

2 comments:

Cambria said...

mom, don't die on the mountain I need you around FOREVER!

LOVE YOU

The Franjesevic Family said...

your pictures are so cute! PS I'm following you muahahaha