Tuesday, September 21, 2010

~SEPTEMBER~

There is nothing better than the canyons in September! Oh what beautiful colors are hidden in those green leaves all summer that are waiting to explode in the cooler, darker days of fall...Cambria, Rozzy and I took a little ride up Right Hand Fork in Hobble Creek Canyon yesterday to try and clear the smoke from our lungs and breath a little fresh air and to also take in the "eye candy" that is splashed all over the mountain sides this time of year. We were NOT disappointed! It's like a giant watermelon bust up there! What a beautiful world we live in.

Even little
Rozzy seemed mesmerized by her surroundings. She is so much fun to take places because she is just "happy" to be with you! Just the mention of her name can get a smile from her...




The aspen are just starting to turn colors down low right now but the maples are really at their peak. The reds and oranges are magnificent. I know that every year I say the same thing but, I LOVE SEPTEMBER!!!



The last picture is of a log that Cambria and Rozzy were sitting on while I took some pictures...Cambria looked down and very calmly said to me..."Mom, there are lots of little eyes looking at me in this hole". Sure enough, there were about a dozen little baby snakes all curled up around each other in that hollow log! Each of their little heads were propped up looking right at us! She didn't sit there for long... We were pretty sure that they were water snakes but, there were signs posted all around to watch for Rattle Snakes! Good thing neither one of us are that frightened of snakes!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Water snakes? They don't look like water snakes at all! Ick! The colors up here are still thinking about turning...still working it out...think there will be any leaves left when we get down there next week?

Shauna said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!!! The last picture gives me the creapies!!!! That is almost worse than mice!!!

I need to go on a mountain hike! It's always unbelievable how these leaves change overnight!!! You've inspired me!

Chris said...

I saw this picture on Cams fb but I couldn't really tell what it was...that is kind of scarry, they could have just crawled up your pants, just like ant... Your pictures are so beautiful, I wish I lived closer to beautiful mountains that that.

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Umm, those snakes are disgusting. I can't believe I used to catch those as a child. We took a little family outing up to Payson lakes Sunday night and it was STUNNING. I think Sept and October are my favorites.