Wednesday, September 8, 2010

~LABOR DAY MINUS THE LABOR~

Labor Day usually means a weekend spent staining the cabin...In fact, it usually means the beginning of several weekends spent staining the cabin. Thanks to Steve and his new found expertise on stains, we used such a good quality stain last year that the cabin didn't need it this year! YEA!!! This left him with a lot more time for the grand kids. They LOVE to play with grandpa Steve. These pillows are really door stops to keep the cold air from coming in under the doors, however, the little ones think that it is great fun to gang up on poor 'ol gramps and see who can get the best "whack" in. Don't worry they are very soft. He just acts like it hurts for their benefit. (For some reason that makes them giggle). Maddie got a little concerned when grandpa put his hands over his ears and had to check to see if he was alright. This lead to her getting whacked and then...Well you can only imagine what happened after that!



They LOVE to climb on the post that runs through the main floor of the cabin...They think that it is a tree. Cole is just about big enough to hold on all by himself. Maddie and Abbie have a little way to go still. It is so much fun watching these little ones grow. AND, Clark and Cami announced that there will be another little addition to their family in March! Hooray. Abbie will be such a great big sister and oh so much help to her mommy. We couldn't be happier for them!

T-minus 3 weeks and counting before little Charly arrives. Lisa is...Shall we say, SO READY! As miserable as she has to be, Lisa always has a smile and a optimistic attitude. It will be so fun watching Garett and Lisa become PARENTS!!!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately, I have just not been my typical sarcastic self. (Maybe that is a good thing). Work has been full of LONG days and exhausting cases so, I think that for awhile it has just sucked the fun out of me. Hopefully, things are going to start getting back to normal and I can return to being quit flip and ridiculous at times which is, (if you can believe it) FUN for me!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My friend Brianna told me she met you! Lucky girl! I hate these posts...there are so many that make me jealous! I miss you guys so much and hate that my kids miss out on all the fun. Dang job! Maybe someday I'll be able to enjoy a holiday!

Chris said...

The cutest grandkids ever! We are expecting our new baby on October 1st. I will have the twins staying with me for some time...I am having dreams about it already (or maybe nightmares) I am so excited for Clark and Cami...tell them congrats

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

I don't feel like i've been very optimistic, so thanks Joey! We were glad we were able to go up for the night! :)