Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~LIFE IN THE OR~

Sometimes work can be hilarious! Well, the patients can be hilarious...today was no exception. I have the privilege of working with "older" patients on Monday and Tuesday because they come in to have cataracts removed or various other problems with their eyes taken care of by some of our very talented eye surgeons. One of my unique responsibilities is to take a medical history on each patient including any medications they might be taking at the time of surgery...today I learned that there is a new medication out there for the elderly that I am going to make sure that I have a prescription for when I reach those "golden years". I was going through the usual questions about medications when my cute little patient told me that she was taking "Prilosex". Normally I don't even look up as I write down each medication but, I stopped, pen in hand and looked up to see if she was kidding...nope! So, I asked her if she meant "Prilosec" and she said no, she was taking "Prilosex" ... that is exactly what I wrote and exactly how it went back on the record to the OR...now everyone wants a Rx for "Prilosex"! We are not really sure what it does but, she looked pretty darn good for 80 something...

2 comments:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

ROFL!!!!!!! Gotta LOVE patients! I had a lady who listed for her emergency contacat to call 911. I laughed so hard. Miss ya!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Oh that's hilarious! Where do I get me some of that? HAHA Previous comment, also very funny! LoR