Saturday, July 25, 2009

~HAPPY 24th OF JULY WEEKEND~











































It has been a busy weekend for me but, I love busy weekends. The only problem is that they go by WAY too fast and I am back to work before I know it wondering where the weekend went!!! We have been busy this week helping Sky and Cambria paint and get ready to move into their new home. It has kept us all very busy...especially them. So today since the tile setters were there and we needed to stay out of their way we had a day to do what we wanted to do! I started my day with one of my favorite/un-favorite things...my run up the canyon. IT IS HOT!!! Even at 6:00 in the morning it is HOT! I don't usually get to run in the mornings because of the crazy hours I work but, it doesn't really matter because it is still HOT! When I got home Cambria was waiting to make waffles with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and bananas. Buttermilk syrup and whipped cream...so much for the run!!! After the nutritious breakfast we took off for a hike to Stewart Falls in Provo Canyon with the dogs. Little Louie, Garett and Lisa's wiener dog, Thor the Great Dane and Shelby the whatever...(very smart whatever might I add). Louie lead the way setting a fast little pace that was difficult to keep up with. That is one fast wiener dog! We caused quite a commotion on the trail as people we passed had to stop and pet, comment and just plain STARE at Louie or Thor...Shelby, not so much...It was fun to watch the reactions from the back of the pack!

After returning home Grandpa Steve had Cole out for a practice round of golf...of coarse I had to go and get some pictures!! That kid is so photogenic. I don't think I could take a bad picture of him and believe me I can take a lot of BAD pictures! He was not all that interested in golf once he found out there were ducks in the river and rocks on the bank. What is it with little boys and rocks? We also saw a water snake and a muskrat. All in all an interesting afternoon of "GOLF?" for a 3 year old!

5 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Note to self: Lisa shouldn't ever wear those shorts again! Ah that Picture of me is terrible! But we had a blast, thank you for inviting us it was so pretty!

Cambria said...

Oh Lia stop being so harsh on yourself! you look GREAT! what a fun weekend- Thanks for coming mommy and taking such great pictures

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Good morning I want you to be always well, bye ,Michael

Shauna said...

Thank you, thank you Joey for ALL your help with the house!!! We haven't been able to keep up with you! Glad you had a great 24th weekend! My guess is that you probably burned enough calories with your run and hike to take care of those waffles! =)

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Hello, I love the pictures of Cole!So stinking cute. I am sure Steve had fun with the little golf prodigy. Maybe when he gets older he will lose interest in the ducks...