Tuesday, December 11, 2012

~DECEMBER~


http://suzrocks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/TheGrinch-800wi.gif
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

I love this time of year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior. What a wonderful spirit the world holds during the month of December. I have spent way too many months being just a little  bit too "Grinchy" and sometimes I think that I relate way to well with that naughty greenish imp that hates everything and everybody then, along comes December with it's magic. The snow starts to fall and nobody seems to be depressed over it. In fact,  most everyone would love it to snow up until Christmas...Then most want it to abruptly stop.  Most everyone is patient with the crowded streets and stores. There are even those who you will find with a smile on their face if you look. Then soon you find yourself smiling too!  December is contagious.  I have never met anyone who doesn't like December.  So, let it's magic work for me this season. Let me be the first to smile, the first to lend a helping hand. Say hello to someone I don't know. Give a stranger in need a few dollars without wondering what he will do with it. Thank my neighbors for putting up with me for all these years and, do as many things with the ones I love as time will allow me to do but, most importantly, gather my family around when ever possible and show them how very much they mean to me. 

So many things to celebrate. Thank you to that little boy in a manger who has given December it's 
MAGIC. May I use it to do what he would do in December and every other month of the year.

Christmas nativity Jesus childrenmanger.gif

1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Oh you're not a grinch! Thanks for the little reminder though