Wednesday, December 12, 2012

~THIS AND THAT~

 Bokeh
 Gold and Red!
 My old Glass Candles
 Jingle Stars
I haven't put up the tree in the front living room for the last couple of years because quite frankly, it made me tired to just think about it! This year I am not sure if I have more energy or if I'm just getting a little more crazy ( quite sure it is the fact the the trees are now "pre-lit and I do not have to spend HOURS stringing light on.  I HATE putting on lights).
I put everything up early this year and honestly I have enjoyed the decorations so much more. It may become something I do every year.  All my shopping is done and the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. I have never been this prepared! I have even taken some time to play with my camera again. That is huge.  I have been working so much lately that I have forgotten how to have a little fun and enjoy life a bit.  It is nice to get back to relaxing and enjoying.  I like what I do but it takes me away from the people that I love spending time with.  Steve had surgery on Friday ridding himself FINALLY of 8 very large gallstones.  I would post a picture but the kids said that it was "gross mom".  He is doing great but, I wish I could be home taking care of him a little more.  I'm sure that he is fine with me going to work.  I make him do things that he really doesn't want to do right now like: 
Test his blood sugar
Take his medicine
EAT
Use his incentive spirometer
Walk, walk, walk
Ice, ice, ice
Rest
Start over again...  
Enjoy this day for me, cause my day will SUCK! ( I'm doing Lipo all day. Hahaha!)
Sorry bad joke :)

4 comments:

Caldwell Family 6 said...

The hours that you post are very concerning to me. That hour is reserved for night shift nurses. Glad you did the front tree, it's a gorgeous one. Take care of that man of yours, goodness knows they need it. It's like the "man cold", only worse. Heaven help me when John has something removed or replaced!!!

Shauna said...

OR........maybe your prepared so early because you want to be ready for "baby sister's" arrival???

Cambria said...

I want baby sisters arrival already! I love that tree mom, I remember every year we had our "family" tree and the "fancy" tree that we weren't allowed to touch BUT the train was around the fancy tree so we'd sneak in there before school (doing our best to walk around the edge of the carpet as to not leave foot prints in the sunbeam vacuum pattern) and play, Garett always got to control it though... sad, picked on me...

I love Christmas at your house though, with all your figurines (which I think should go to me in the event of death... put that in the will, will ya?)- the colored lights on the house, the snow, the presents each wrapped perfectly with a PERFECT bow on each... There's no better place for Christmas.

Love you- hopefully we have a new baby this year for Christmas, but I am not making any promises- I'm starting to feel like she doesn't think she needs to come ANY time soon... dangit.

Stephanie said...

ummm...Cam? You definitely have competition when it comes to the Jim Shores. If she hadn't have given us all the SAME ones, we wouldn't have to fight over the ones we don't have!