Sunday, July 31, 2011

~ROB"I"SON~










This is a picture of my dad and my uncle Bill standing in front of the old Robison Ranch house on the boarder of Utah and Nevada where a lot of my mom's brothers and sisters grew up. It was taken last week by my brother Matt when they decided to go out and visit the old place. My mom spent a few years out there but after her father died her mother moved the family into Delta.

My strong and stoic grandmother lovingly raised 11 children while working this ranch with my grandfather the youngest of which was born with severe cerebral palsy due to an injury at birth. My grandfather died of cancer shortly after this last little girl was born. My mother was three when her dad died. She was child number ten. Alma their little CP sister was one, and would live another 18 years completely loved and one hundred percent spoiled by her mother, brothers and sisters.


The Pony Express came through just a short ride from the Robison Ranch. They even have a monument and a museum there with many relics from express days. I wonder if those men who rode those horses for days ever imagined communication like we have today...A click of a key and an instant message. How far we have come in a very short time. Someone told me once that what ever you imagine will someday be the future! Clearly, I am not very imaginative, or maybe I just rather like things the way they are because most days I honestly ask myself: " Does it get any better than this"?

If it does...BONUS!!!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Help! I can't see a picture! I have been reminded once again, that I need to know more about my ancestors!!!