Thursday, February 17, 2011

~...WHAT TO DO~

Just because you feel strong doesn't mean you are strong...

No, I can not lift and turn a 300 pound patient, even with help. Maybe with a lot of help but, not with a small amount of help. Sometimes I am thrown into a situation that requires strength beyond my ability! My brain tells me that "yes, for sure you can do it", my back, on the other hand fails miserably at about the half way point! I'm really getting to old for this "NURSE" thing...Did I really say that? You only hear that from me when my back hurts and I am looking at having to stay home from my ski day. That is a sacrifice. Skiing keeps me balanced on my "pole fence" of winter. One side death, the other insanity. It's a simple concept...Stay balanced and place one foot ahead of the other in a forward motion. Eventually you will walk smack dab into spring! This is why I have always referred to Thursdays as my "Mental Health Day".

I'm still a little torn, I could go and just do the groomers all day but, I know I would be tempted beyond my ability to resist and just HAVE to ski a few moguls...There is NEW POWDER out there this morning :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Are you serious? You really did miss your "MENTAL HEALTH DAY"?? I'm sorry! You need to retire! I know. Probably much easier to think about than do!