Friday, December 31, 2010

~PAST-PRESENT and FUTURE~

Have you ever felt like if you could just stand still long enough the world might just catch up?

I've been looking closer in the mirror lately...Not because I see me but, because I see my mother. The world is starting to catch up or should I say...Come full circle! We spent our 7th Christmas without mom this year. Have we adapted? I would say we have but have we liked it? Left without a choice I would have to say we make do but, Christmas just is not the same without my mom. What a wonderful lady she was and, as time goes on and and things happen to me (which remind me of her) I often think to myself that I AM becoming my mother. Now, in my more mature (?) mind I find myself saying: "Bring it on"!

President Hinckley said:

"It is good to look to the past to gain appreciation for the present and perspective for the future. It is good to look upon the virtues of those who have gone before, to gain strength for whatever lies ahead.. Their tremendous example can become a compelling motivation for us all."

So, as I say farewell to this year and look ahead to next, I will not for one day forget the women who made my life rich with memories and wisdom and, who's examples continue to weave their magic into my everyday existence.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Very well said...Mirror Mirror on the Wall...I am my MOTHER after all! You would be so lucky.

Stephanie said...

awe...I miss her so much. I don't think I've adapted...when I walk into your house and see grandpa sitting at the counter, it's all I can do not to ask where grandma is. It just seems like she should be right there with him- she probably is. Maybe that's why Christmas seems to be so different anymore- I miss hard tack!

Cambria said...

first line and I start crying... Skyler thinks I am a bit too hormonal... I miss her so much

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Thanks for sharing that Joey. It's very understandable why you would miss your mother so much, There is just something special about a mom and being a mom.