Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~WHO, WHO, WHO~


We had a visitor tonight! This cute baby owl decided to land on our deck and quietly observe us as we observed him! He let me get pretty close with my camera before he got nervous. I know that I complain a little ( okay a lot) about the wild life that are always eating my yard, my last casualty was my tomatoes but, sometimes it is such a thrill to be able to see stuff that you just don't get a chance to see anywhere else. Tonight was one of those nights. How often do you get to stand three feet from an owl and take pictures? I did look closely to see if he had an envelope clasped in his talons because it was after all so very Harry Potterish...No envelope, no Hogwarts, no Sorting Hat again this year...So very disappointing.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I just love your photography skill, (and your blogging skills). I need to spend some time with you and have you help me figure out how to put my wording by and around my pictures, not thru them. Love your blog!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome mom! I think owls are the coolest bird ever! How cool to get a picture!

Cambria said...

ha awesome! GRIFFENDOR!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

How cute is he??? I love that picture. See, the wildlife has its benefits! LoR