Tuesday, June 23, 2009

~ROLEX vs TIMEX ~

I just need to vent...bear with me,

Have you ever had one of those days when you just feel like you want to have a good cry, punch the wall or kick the dog? I can't really put my finger on what the problem is but, I just can't seem to keep the blues from creeping in uninvited. I think that it is a combination of fatigue and frustration... the deadly double "F". I failed miserably at work today to keep that "positive attitude" and speak kindly to those who bravely dared to go where no man has ever gone before...challenging me beyond belief with their arrogance and self proclaimed importance. Now I truly do know that surgery can be technically challenging and can even go over it's scheduled time allotments but, what I can't understand it why some surgeons can NEVER seem to start when they are supposed to. If you have block time starting at 0700, how does that not mean 0700? Everyone else is there, and waiting--why is "Lord Doctor" not? Oh, I could compile a book of excuses I have heard. Some of them being quite marvelous. What it really comes down to this...In third grade, we all learned how to tell time. As far as I know it hasn't changed. It doesn't matter if you are looking at it from a Rolex or a Timex 0700 is still 0700.

Wait and see one day God is going to say: " Every one who wants to go to Heaven will have to be here promptly at 0700. If you don't show up on time you will be doomed to live in Hell for the rest of eternity...That is the day I will inevitably have a flat tire and NO one will stop to help because my pissy attitude doth proceed me!

I promise, a little sleep and a lighter day at work and I will be right back to my easy going self again :) Okay, okay...back to myself again!

6 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day Joey! I know how that goes! Hope it gets better! Love ya

Stephanie said...

HA! You so need to give those doctors timex watches for Christmas this year! (Do they still make Swatch watches? Cause that would be funnier! With a VELCRO BAND!) I know how you feel about those damn double f'n days though! Come to Vernal and vent... if you are here maybe the two of us could go out for a cold hard drink...Diet Pepsi? Since both of us quit cold turkey... one sip and I'd be soused!

Stephanie said...

And I could use a good drunken stooper. You?

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Joey,Hello Morning, which saw Michael sou.gia blog

Cambria said...

LOVE YOU MOMMY

The Caldwells said...

sorry you're day was rough, although i LOVED the post :) it made me laugh and i can relate to the crappy days. they seem to be never ending doing they?