Monday, June 29, 2009

~FAST FALLS THE EVENTIDE~


I took a run up the canyon last night just about sunset. I decided to take my camera with me in a backpack just in case there was a chance to take a picture of something beautiful. Then I remembered that I had not taken the summer shots of my running trail. So here they are ( at sunset ). Things have really grown! I can't believe that the time has passed so quickly since I took pictures in the spring of the same trail. Soon I will be taking shots of the leaves changing colors as fall makes its colorful entrance.

Time moved so painfully slow when I was a girl. Now it seems to never go slow enough. The days fly by and then the months are gone leaving me wondering if I remembered everything I should have done and shaking my head thinking... just what the heck happened to all the time I was suppose to have had!


The 4th of July is fast approaching and that means that summer is very quickly going to be a thing of the past. Children will be going back to school and the days will be filled with homework and routines. I guess that is why I enjoy this trail so much. The changes are always the same. Yes, it changes but, you can always count on those changes to bring you something familiar. I like familiar. It's comfortable. Like a pair of scrubs that have been washed a bazillion times and an old pair of socks.

This trail has a rhythm. I pound it out daily as I run. It has a melody all its own and if practiced often enough, one day I will master its song.

Wanna go?



No comments: