Tuesday, June 9, 2009

~OUCH~

My favorite running trail took a bite out of me on Saturday morning! I fell hard...actually thought that I had broken my hand as it swelled in front of my eyes. The funny thing is that as I rolled around trying to get my lungs to fill again after knocking the wind out of myself I looked around to see if anyone had witnessed my blunder!!! Like anyone would be up at that stupid hour on that trail...the reason I run that trail is because there isn't anyone on it!!! As soon as I realized that I had hurt my hand the thought ran through my head that I might not be able to keep my promise to myself that I was going to get better at golf this summer...I knew I had to try and wiggle my fingers if I could. I COULD! I knew then that my now swollen and BLUE hand wasn't broken. Both knees had taken a beating and my chest was well...let's just say that is probably why I had the wind knocked out of me but, my IPOD was safe, not a scratch! I had managed to nearly break my hand keeping it in tip top working condition. After all how can I possibly run without my IPOD? I thought it was perhaps best to "walk" home from the place of impact so by the time I finally reached home my family was actually starting to worry...then they saw me and didn't know whether to laugh or...laugh...they are a very sympathetic bunch:{ All the way home one thought kept running through my mind which was "you know Joey, as bad as it hurts now...wait til tomorrow and the day after". Age is NOT my friend after a fall. Age is not my friend in many aspects of life I am finding out. It is now Tuesday and I'm still somewhat stiff and sore! My hand looks like an IV gone bad and my knees are just now starting to scab over. Silly me, I think I need to go running again and loosen things up. Maybe on something smooth and flat this time. BORING!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I'm soooooo sorry! Cam told me you had fallen! So ... how are you going to golf? That IS the MOST IMPORTANT thing, you know! It's hard not being able to "bounce" back after a mishap, I KNOW! Speedy recovery!!!

Dee said...

You are just trying to get out of having to be the sub runner on wasatch back. Don't think this excuses you from golfing.

��Radio Mihalis Thalassis - Athens Greece said...

Good morning, good Sunday Hello, Michalis

Stephanie said...

You think your family is unsympathetic? Did you read what Dee wrote? I'm just glad you are OK!