Sunday, April 15, 2012

~FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES`

As much as I try to except the fact that I am getting "older" it is still extremely hard to get used to. Sure, I can avoid the mirror, that's easy enough, and then when I do have to look into it I simply don't wear my glasses...That helps A LOT.  What is harder are these painful joints that used to work without screaming "STOP" every time I moved them slightly beyond their norm. WHAT! My tailbone is in the healing stages of a THIRD fracture...Happened last SUMMER...COME ON, it's almost been a year! Surely I should heal faster than that. I find that if I am on my feet too long or if I sit too long my ankles become so swollen that when I  press my finger into them  I leave a indentation that could hold water! I don't sleep, I wake up at 3:30 EVERY morning, I have started biting my nails off again. Heartburn has become part of my morning ritual and on my way to work Wednesday I fell asleep and went off the road.  I am just SO tired...

That being said, my sweet little grand daughter with the innocence of a child looked at me very closely this afternoon and said:
                                                  "Grandma you are old aren't you"?

So, here's the deal, I can't do much about the "looking old" thing, that's just life (and gravity) but, I hope for my grand children's sake that I NEVER act my age. That I suffer yet another broken tailbone doing crazy things like roller-balding down Hobble Creek canyon. That when they come over to see me and I am not home it's because I'm mountain biking in Moab or, better still I hope to be skiing with them in the not to far off future down the slopes teaching them how to do a mogul or two.

1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Joey, you look fantastic and I think you're doing great! You're one hot Grandma!